Bread Bhajiya recipe with step by step photos and video recipe – is an easy and super crispy bhajiyas that is made with leftover bread, veggies and Indian spices is a great accompaniment with tea.
These tasty Bread Bhajiya, made with a spicy batter of besan, crumbled bread, onions, green
To attain perfectly crunchy bhajiya, deep-fry as soon as the mix is ready, to prevent it from becoming watery.Bread Bhajiya is a perfect recipe to have with some leftover bread slices.
Variations In Bread Bhajiya :
- Kanda bhajiya – Onion pakoda are known as kanda bhajiya is a fried snack or deep fried onion fritters prepared with chickpea and rice flour coating with other spices. Pakora recipe is a common snack recipe prepared across all states of India and is typically known with local names.
- Moong Dal Bhajiya – A batter of soaked moong dal perked up with spices and green chillies results in a delicious deep-fried snack, which is partly crispy, and partly soft.
A quick and tasty deep-fried snack made with ground moong dal mixed with Indian masala.
- Chana Dal Bhajiya – Instead of using besan, this unusual bhajiya is made with a mixture of soaked and ground chana dal flavoured with onions, garlic, green chillies, ginger, coriander leaves mixed with some simple masala.
Frequently asked Questions :
You can omit rice flour if it is not easily available and just use gram flour for making pakoras. But we highly recommend using rice flour because it makes these pakoras extra crispy.
Yes, you can use leftover bread slices for this recipe. Bread Bhajiyas is a perfect recipe for using your leftover bread.
These bhajiyas taste best when hot with some coriander chutney. This bread bhajita is just the perfect snack to eat with your evening tea; it’s enjoyed by children and adults alike.
We use gram flour and rice flour to make this pakora batter. The combination of these gluten free flours adds lightness and crispness to these fritters. They don’t soak up as much oil, and they have their own flavour which makes bhajjis even better!
1. To get super crispy bhajiyas always chop vegetables into small pieces and if you are slicing them, then slice them thinly
2. Don’t add too much water to your batter because as the vegetables sit in the batter, they’ll leave some water too.
3. Always fry pakoras on medium flame to allow vegetables like potatoes to cook well, and the outside to get crisp.
#Serving Suggestion: Serve bread bhajiyas hot or warm with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
⇒Do give this recipe a try and share your comments below with me.
RECIPE CARD :
BREAD BHAJIYA RECIPE
- 4 bread slices
- 1/2 cup gram flour(besan)
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 3 tbsp potatoes finely chopped
- 3 tbsp onion finely chopped
- 3 tbsp tomato finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water or as needed
- Oil as required for deep frying
- Collect all the required ingredients.
- Take the bread slices in a bowl and tear the bread into very very small pieces.
- Repeat the process for all the bread slices.
- Then add besan and rice flour.
- Add finely chopped potato, onion, tomato, green chilli, and coriander leaves.
- Now add salt to taste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder.
- Also add lemon juice and tomato ketchup.
- Mix all together with a spoon.
- Then sprinkle water little by little.
- Knead it like dough with hands so that all the bread pieces should get mashed.
- The bread mixture is ready to fry.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadai on medium heat.
- When oil gets heated, reduce the heat to low to medium and drop spoonfuls of the mixture in hot oil using your fingers.
- Fry the bhajiyas in small batches. The bhajiyas will take about 2 to 3 minutes to cook.
- Fry both sides until it turns crispy and light golden brown on all sides.
- Remove it from the oil using a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate lined with a paper napkin.
- Deep fry remaining bread bhajiyas in same way.
- Serve bread bhajiyas hot or warm with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
How To Make Bread Bhajiya (Step By Step Instructions With Photos) :
1. Collect all the required ingredients.
2. Take the bread slices in a bowl and tear the bread into very very small pieces.
3. Repeat the process for all the bread slices.
4. Then add besan and rice flour.
5. Add finely chopped potato, onion, tomato, green
6. Now add salt to taste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder.
7. Also add lemon juice and tomato ketchup.
8. Mix all together with a spoon.
9. Then sprinkle water little by little.
10. Knead it like dough with hands so that all the bread pieces should get mashed.
11. The bread mixture is ready to fry.
12. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadai on medium heat.
13. When oil gets heated, reduce the heat to low to medium and drop spoonfuls of the mixture in hot oil using your fingers.
14. Fry the bhajiyas in small batches. The bhajiyas will take about 2 to 3 minutes to cook.
15. Fry both sides until it turns crispy and light golden brown on all sides.
16. Remove it from the oil using a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate lined with a paper napkin.
17. Deep fry remaining bread bhajiyas in same way.
18. Serve bread bhajiya hot or warm with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
finally, do check my recipes collection like snack recipes collection, further do not forget to visit my other recipes like,
- vegetable poha cutlet recipe | healthy vegetable recipe
- Eggless omelette recipe | gluten-free recipe
- Cheese burst pizza recipe | Kids snack
- Suji kachori recipe | evening snack recipe
And don’t forget to share this article on your favorite social networking sites ?