Chana Chaat (Chickpeas Chaat) is a healthy and delicious snack recipe for any occasion. Chickpeas chaat recipe is ideal to serve to kids as an after school snack. A quick brunch, a quick snack is what we sometimes need when we are too busy or when we are too lazy.
The chaat recipes are high in spice and masala without any direct or indirect health benefits. However, chana chaat is one such recipe which is not only a lip-smacking recipe but also high in proteins. Hence, it is also consumed as a healthy salad for lunch and dinners.
A protein-rich sensational chaat recipe, Kabuli chana chaat has boiled Kabuli chana or beans tossed with chopped onion, tomatoes, chilies, and sweet and spicy chutneys. A healthy snacking option when hunger attacks.
#Serving Suggestion: Serve these finger sandwich as alone or with a cup of tea /coffee in the evening. It can be packed in kid’s lunch box or make small size pieces for a picnic or small party.
⇒Do give this recipe a try and share your comments below with me.
RECIPE VIDEO :
CHANA CHAAT RECIPE
- 2 cup chana / chickpea soaked & boiled
- 2 tbsp onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato finely chopped
- 2 tbsp potato boiled and chopped
- 1 tbsp green chutney
- 2 tsp tamarind chutney
- 1 green chili chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- Black salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chat masala
- 2 tbsp sev/nylon sev for garnishing
- Collect all the required ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl take soaked and boiled chana.
- Add all the dry spice powders such as red chili powder, cumin powder, chaat masala, and black salt.
- Also add green chutney, and tamarind chutney.
- Mix well making sure everything is combined well.
- Then add chopped onion, tomato, boiled potato, green chili, and coriander leaves.
- Mix the entire mixture well.
- Chole chaat is ready. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Just before serving, garnish with sev and coriander leaves.
- Serve this spicy and tangy chana chaat instantly.
- Adjust the amount of green chutney and tamarind chutney depending on spice and sweetness you are looking for.
- Adding potato is optional, however, it enhances the flavor of chana chaat recipe.
- You can add dahi/curd on top if you prefer.
- You can also use crushed papdis or unsalted boondi instead of sev or you can go ahead with whatever you have.
- Prepare the chana chaat mixture before in hand, and top with sev just before serving.
- Chana chaat recipe tastes great when chana is slightly warm.
- You could adjust the spice powders and black salt as per your taste
- When you boil the chana, add some salt to the water in which you would boil the chana.
- Do not add green chili if you do not want to eat a spicy and hot chaat.
- If you cook the chana then the preparation time will be 25-30 minutes – to cook the chana/chickpeas in the pressure cooker. take 1.25 cup of chana (white chickpeas) to get approximate 2 cups boiled chana.
How to Make Chana Chaat(Step by step directions with pictures) :
1.Collect all the required ingredients.
2. In a mixing bowl take soaked and boiled chana.
3. Add all the dry spice powders such as red chili powder, cumin powder, chaat masala, and black salt.
5. Mix well making sure everything is combined well.
6. Then add chopped onion, tomato, boiled potato, green chili, and coriander leaves.
7. Mix the entire mixture well.
8. Chole chaat is ready. Transfer to a serving bowl.
9. Just before serving, garnish with sev and coriander leaves.
10. Serve this spicy and tangy chana chaat instantly.
finally, do check my recipes collection like chaat recipe collection, further, do not forget to visit my other recipes like,
- Chaat Style Aloo Toast Sandwich Recipe
- besan bread toast recipe
- Masala Papad recipe
- Lobia Chaat Recipe
- Jhal Muri Recipe
And don’t forget to share this article on your favorite social networking sites .