Dahi Papdi Chaat Recipe with step by step photos and video recipe – is a yummy snack assorted with a crunchy base of crispy poori which is topped with lip-smacking chutneys, veggies and curd.
It’s a popular snack recipe of North Indian cuisine and is mainly prepared using curd and papdis (small fried puris), and some boiled potatoes. From sour to sweet and tangy to spicy, this chaat recipe has all the flavours in just one dish.
It is one of the best chaat recipe that you can enjoy in summer season as its prepared using chilled curd. This Dahi Papdi Chaat can be served for starters as well for snacks during evenings.
For a perfect flavour of this chaat, you should use sweetened curd or hung curd as too much of water can spoil the flavour of this snack recipe.
#Serving Suggestion: Serve this dahi papdi chaat by itself or can be had for a light evening snack.
⇒Do give this recipe a try and share your comments below with me.
RECIPE CARD :
Dahi Papdi Chaat Recipe
- 8-10 whole papdi / papri
- ½ cup potato boiled and diced
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- ½ cup tomato finely chopped
- ¼ chickpeas boiled
- 2 tbsp green chutney
- 2 tbsp tamarind chutney
- ¼ cup yogurt or curd
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- A pinch of red chili powder or as required
- A pinch of chaat masala or as required
- A pinch of roasted cumin powder or as required
- A pinch of black salt or as required
- ¼ cup nylon sev
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- Collect all the required ingredients.
- Take plain yogurt in a bowl.
- Add powdered sugar.
- Whisk well it is smooth.
- Arrange the papdi in a plate in a single layer. You can either keep papdis whole or lightly break them into small pieces.
- Top with some diced potatoes on top of the each papdi.
- Then on top of these add boiled chickpeas.
- Pour the sweetened dahi over the papdi.
- Sprinkle a pinch or two of black salt, chaat masala, red chilli powder, and roasted cumin powder.
- Then top with finely chopped onions.
- Now top with finely chopped tomatoes.
- Drizzle the tamarind chutney.
- Followed by green coriander chutney or mint-coriander chutney.
- Lightly sprinkle some nylon sev.
- At last garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Papdi Chaat is ready for serving. Serve the dahi papdi chaat immediately as soon as you are done preparing them.
- I made this easy and delicious Dahi Papdi chaat with Homemade Papdi recipe.
- If you want to make a healthier version of North Indian papdi chaat, then make it using Baked Papdis and Low Fat Curds. You can even add pomegranate, mixed sprouts etc to make a healthy papdi chaat.
- Papdi being the most important ingredient of the recipe, it is important to use
fresh & crunchy papdis. Avoid the rancid smelling, old papdis.
- I make all the chutneys ahead and refrigerate them.
- To make a spicier papdi chaat, add Lehsun ki Chutney .
- Whisking the fresh curd with some sugar elevates its tastes a lot. Do not skip this process.
- Add finely chopped green raw green mango for delicious tongue tickling tang.
- Adjust the quantity of chutneys to your taste.
- Make sure you make all the chutneys thick, they can be thinned down when needed. This prevents the papdis from turning too soft quickly.
How To Make Dahi Papdi Chaat (Step By Step Instructions With Photos) :
1. Collect all the required ingredients.
2. Take plain curd in a bowl.
3. Add powdered sugar.
4. Whisk well it is smooth.
5. Arrange the papdi in a plate in a single layer. You can either keep papdis whole or lightly break them into small pieces.
6. Top with some diced potatoes on top of the each papdi.
7. Then on top of these add boiled chickpeas.
8. Pour the sweetened dahi over the papdi.
9. Sprinkle a pinch or two of black salt, chaat masala, red chilli powder, and roasted cumin powder.
10. Then top with finely chopped onions.
11. Now top with finely chopped tomatoes.
12. Drizzle the tamarind chutney.
13. Followed by green coriander chutney or mint-coriander chutney.
14. Lightly sprinkle some nylon sev.
15. At last garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
16. Dahi Papdi Chaat is ready for serving. Serve the dahi papdi chaat immediately as soon as you are done preparing them.
finally, do check my recipes collection like chaat recipes collection, further do not forget to visit my other recipes like,
And don’t forget to share this article on your favorite social networking sites ?