Dahi Puri Chaat is yet another member of popular Indian street chaats that is made by stuffing crispy puffed puris with boiled potatoes and topping it with a combination of sweet, sour and spicy chutneys, onion, sev and beaten curd (dahi) giving it a perfectly balanced tongue tickling taste.
It is perfectly suited as a party-snack as it can be easily prepared in large quantities, ingredients can be prepared in advance, just needs assembling at the time of serving and guests can customize it to their taste.
After a round of spicy pani puris, eating Dahi Puris is the perfect way to soothe your palate. “Dahi Puris” are a favourite with children as well as with adults who cannot handle the fiery pani puri.
What makes a Dahi Puri truly divine is obviously the humble curds which are made daily in every Indian household. The curd has to be fresh and chilled and most importantly of the right consistency i.e. neither too thick nor too thin. Relish and savor each and every bite of yummy Dahi Puri with your loved ones.
#Serving Suggestion: Serve it as an evening snack or as party snack.
⇒Do give this recipe a try and share your comments below with me.
Recipe Video :
Recipe Card :
DAHI PURI RECIPE
- 6-7 puris / golgappas
- 1 cup whisked curd / yogurt thick and fresh
- 1 tbsp onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp potato boiled & chopped
- 1 tbsp chickpeas boiled
- 1/2 tsp chat masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- Black salt to taste
- 2 tbsp green chutney
- 2 tbsp tamarind chutney
- 1/2 cup sev
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- Collect all the required ingredients.
- Gently make a hole on the top side of each golgappa puri by cracking it in the center with a spoon or index finger to create space for the filling. Take one serving plate and arrange them on it. You decide the number of puris to be served in each plate.
- Stuff the chopped potatoes into each puris.
- Add the chopped onions on top of the potatoes in the puris.
- Also add boiled chickpeas in to the puris.
- Now add the curd (yogurt) in each poori.
- Sprinkle all the four dry masalas i.e. chat masala, roasted cumin powder, red chili powder, and black salt.
- Then top the stuffed puris up with the green chutney, sweet chutney. Top the chutneys as per your liking and taste.
- Sprinkle the sev on top in a way that each puri gets covered with sev.
- Garnish dahi puri chaat with chopped coriander leaves.
- Dahi Puri Chaat is ready for serving. Serve it immediately.
How To Make :
1.Collect all the required ingredients.
2. Gently make a hole on the top side of each golgappa puri by cracking it in the center with a spoon or index finger to create space for the filling. Take one serving plate and arrange them on it. You decide the number of puris to be served in each plate.
3. Stuff the chopped potatoes into each puris.
4. Add the chopped onions on top of the potatoes in the puris.
5. Also add boiled chickpeas in to the puris.
6. Now add the curd (yogurt) in each poori.
7. Sprinkle all the four dry masalas i.e. chat masala, roasted cumin powder, red chili powder, and black salt.
9. Sprinkle the sev on top in a way that each puri gets covered with sev.
10. Garnish dahi puri chaat with chopped coriander leaves.
11. Dahi Puri Chaat is ready for serving. Serve it immediately.
Enter your email below to get our recipes sent to your inbox when a new one is published!
GET RECIPES IN YOUR INBOX!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Recipe Notes :
- Use crispy and large puris for greater stuffing and taste.
- Using thick and creamy curd gives a nice flavor.
- Adjust the amount of chili powder according to spice level.
- Serve Dahi Puri Chaat as soon as you make it as the puris become soggy if you serve even after a few minutes.
- Instead of boiled chickpeas, you can use moong sprouts or mixed sprouts or black chana.
- The yogurt has to be fresh and not sour. No need to add any sugar in the yogurt as the sweetness from the tamarind dates chutney will be enough.
- If you want, you can also add some finely chopped tomatoes and/or raw mangoes as well.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of all chutneys and curd to get your desired taste.
- Add sprouted moong beans or boiled black chickpeas for variation.
- Prepare chutneys in advance and store in a refrigerator.
finally, do check my recipes collection like chaat recipe collection, further, do not forget to visit my other recipes like,
- Indian macaroni pasta recipe | evening snack
- besan bread toast recipe | tea time snack
- Spicy & tangy bhel recipe | dry bhel
- Veg mayo sandwich recipe |Kids Snack
And don’t forget to share this article on your favorite social networking sites ?