Eggless omelette recipe is mainly for those who follow the vegetarian diet or do not like egg or egg recipes. The recipe shares a similar texture and color and can be served for breakfast or as a snack.
Vegetables like bell pepper and spinach may also be added to this recipe to make it healthier. Besan or chickpea flour is high in protein and has lesser calories than wheat flour. Baking powder added to make this besan omelet fluffier.
Super easy eggless omelette recipe which tastes so delicious. It tastes similar to an omelet with eggs. Omelette recipe is prepared with egg yolk with spices and optional vegetable topping.
However, in this recipe of eggless omelet, it is mainly prepared with chickpea and all-purpose flour batter with similar recipe steps and procedures. it is very filling and can be served with a choice of ketchup sauce.
This is a low-calorie weight loss recipe which can be prepared for breakfast or evening snacks. Instead of eggs, chickpea flour (besan) and all-purpose flour (maida) have been used to make this vegan omelette .
⇒Do give this recipe a try and share your comments below with me.
EGGLESS OMELETTE RECIPE
- 1 cup Gram flour/besan
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1 green chili chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required for cooking
- Water as required for making batter
- Collect all the required ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl, add besan, maida, salt, black pepper powder, and baking powder.
- Mix all the dry ingredients very well.
- Add in water and whisk smooth till there are no lumps in the batter.
- Then add onions, green chili, and coriander leaves.
- Whisk smooth making sure everything is combined.
- Make sure the batter is smooth flowing consistency.
- Heat the pan and grease it with 1 tsp oil after it gets heated.
- Reduce the heat and pour a ladle full of batter on the pan.
- Tilt and spread the batter.
- Allow cooking for half a minute on the low medium flame.
- When the batter starts to dry, flip over and cook the other side as well.
- When it is cooked, fold the omelets in half and take out in a plate and prepare all the omelettes like this.
- Serve these fluffy and soft eggless omelettes hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
- You can even pack it in snack box and carry to school or office.
- Beat the batter well to make soft and fluffy textured omelet like egg omelet.
- Do not spread the batter with spoon or ladle.
- Cook on low medium flame else, the batter remains uncooked and does not taste good.
- Adding green chili is completely optional if you do not prefer the spice
- Adding baking powder is very important to prepare the veg eggless omelette.
- Water quantity in the batter depends upon the quality of flour you are using that’s why I have not mentioned the measurement of water otherwise for making batter I have used 1 cup + 3 tbsp water.
- Add vegetables of your choice to make it more healthy and nutritious.
how to make a veg eggless omelette (step by step directions with photos) :
1. Collect all the required ingredients.
2. In a mixing bowl, add besan, maida, salt, black pepper powder, and baking powder.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients very well.
4. Add in water and whisk smooth till there are no lumps in the batter.
5. Then add onions, green chili, and coriander leaves.
6. Whisk smooth making sure everything is combined.
7. Make sure the batter is smooth flowing consistency.
8. Heat the pan and grease it with 1 tsp oil after it gets heated.
9. Reduce the heat and pour a ladle full of batter on the pan.
10. Tilt and spread the batter.
11. Allow cooking for half a minute on the low medium flame.
12. When the batter starts to dry, flip over and cook the other side as well.
13. When it is cooked, fold the omelets in half and take out in a plate and prepare all the omelettes like this.
14. Serve these fluffy and soft eggless omelettes hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
finally, do check my recipes collection like Kids special collection, further, do not forget to visit my other recipes like,
- Indian macaroni pasta recipe | evening snack
- besan bread toast recipe | tea time snack
- Spicy & tangy bhel recipe | dry bhel
- Veg mayo sandwich recipe |Kids Snack
And don’t forget to share this article on your favorite social networking sites ?