Lobia Chaat recipe with a detailed photo and video recipe – is a delicious high protein chaat recipe made using black-eyed beans which are tossed along with crunchy bits of tomato, cucumber and onions give perfect texture and flavor to the chaat. It makes a perfect appetizer for parties as well.
Lobia Chaat is a simple, delicious and gluten-free healthy Indian recipe for a salad. It is prepared with black-eyed beans and tons of fresh vegetables and herbs.
This lobia chaat is a perfect healthy Indian recipe that is ready in less than 10 minutes, power-packed and full of flavors. Lobia Chaat can double up as a salad or a one-pot healthy meal.
Variations In Chaat :
- Chana Chaat Recipe – Chana Chaat (Chickpeas Chaat) is a healthy and delicious snack recipe for any occasion. Chickpeas chaat recipe is ideal to serve to kids as an after school snack. A quick brunch, a quick snack is what we sometimes need when we are too busy or when we are too lazy.
- Bread Chaat Recipe – Bread Chaat is a chatpata treat with a blast of flavors and multiple textures. A layer of flavourful and crispy bread is topped with chopped veggies, curd, and the chutneys and served with a garnish of sev.
- Matar Chole Chaat Recipe – Matar chole chaat is one of the popular street food of north India, especially in Delhi and Amritsar. Learn how to make a tangy spicy matar chole chaat. They serve the matar in large brass pots.
RECIPE VIDEO :
How to boiled lobia :
- Wash and soak the lobia for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Pressure cook the lobia for 3-4 whistles.
- Strain the boiled lobia (use the lobia water to knead your chapati dough or just use it in your daal) in a bowl.
#Serving Suggestion: Serve these lobia chaat as alone or with a cup of tea /coffee in the evening. This is a perfect
⇒Do give this recipe a try and share your comments below with me.
RECIPE CARD :
LOBIA CHAAT RECIPE
- 2 cup black eyed peas boiled
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cucumber finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato finely chopped
- 1/4 cup potato boiled & chopped
- 2 green chilli finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp black salt or as per taste
- 1 tsp chat masala
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Collect all the required ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl, add chopped onion, tomato, cucumber and boiled potato.
- Then add green chilies and coriander leaves.
- Now add all the spice powders like red chili powder, roasted cumin powder, chat masala, black salt, and salt.
- Give all these a good mix. Taste it and add spice powders if you prefer more.
- Add boiled lobia beans. Make sure that the lobia are drained and no additional water is present.
- Also, add lemon juice.
- Mix gently without mashing lobia beans. Lobia Chaat is ready.
- Serve this healthy and tasty chat as an a healthy snack or even as an appetizer for parties.
- Do not add green chili if you are making for kids.
- You could adjust the spice powders as per your taste.
- Instead of lemon juice use tamarind pulp for more tanginess.
- Add sprouts to make it more healthy and tasty.
Enter your email below to get our recipes sent to your inbox when a new one is published!
GET RECIPES IN YOUR INBOX!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
How to Make Lobia Chaat (Step By Step Instructions With Photos):
1. Collect all the required ingredients.
2. In a mixing bowl, add chopped onion, tomato, cucumber and boiled potato.
3. Then add green chilies and coriander leaves.
4. Now add all the spice powders like red chili powder, roasted cumin powder, chat masala, black salt, and salt.
5. Give all these a good mix. Taste it and add spice powders if you prefer more.
6. Add boiled lobia beans. Make sure that the lobia are drained and no additional water is present.
7. Also, add lemon juice.
8. Mix gently without mashing lobia beans. Lobia Chaat is ready.
9. Serve this healthy and tasty chat as an a healthy snack or even as an appetizer for parties.
finally, do check my recipes collection like chaat recipe collection, further, do not forget to visit my other recipes like,
- Indian macaroni pasta recipe | evening snack
- besan bread toast recipe | tea time snack
- Spicy & tangy bhel recipe | dry bhel
- Veg mayo sandwich recipe |Kids Snack
And don’t forget to share this article on your favorite social networking sites ?