Macaroni Pasta Recipe with step by step photos and video recipe – an Indian version of dry pasta recipe which is typically prepared with narrow elbow-shaped macaroni pasta. This macaroni recipe is a tasty pasta made Indian style with onions, tomatoes, and I
Kids relish eating Indian style macaroni prepared with desi spices and green vegetables. This can be served before dinner in supper and can also pack them in lunch for kids.
You can use any kind of pasta, though macaroni, spaghetti & penne go well in this pasta recipe. I have used elbow shaped pasta for this recipe. You can also use any cylindrical cone shaped, spiral or any other desired shape pasta for this simple macaroni pasta recipe.
Variations In Pasta :
- Red Sauce Pasta – Red sauce pasta is a popular and easy pasta recipe which is prepared from tomato sauce. The veggies can be of your choice and the recipe is not an Indian style.
- White Sauce Pasta – White Sauce Pasta is a delicious pasta dish cooked in a creamy milk based sauce along with sautéed colorful vegetables, flavored with aromatic spices and herbs. It is one of the easiest that one can make and also one of the most popular pasta recipes.
- Masala Pasta – Masala Pasta is prepared with penne pasta with loads of spices to suit the Indian taste buds. It is often prepared without cheese as compared to the traditional Italian pasta recipes. Moreover, the Indian style pasta recipe does not require any ready pasta sauce and can be prepared with tomato sauce and tomato puree. You can add your choice of veggies in the pasta or you can skip adding veggies.
Frequently Asked Questions :
Macaroni Pasta is a mouthwatering pasta recipe cooked in the traditional Indian way with select spice powders or masalas. The boiled macaroni is tossed with onion, tomato, ginger, garlic, capsicum, carrot and garam masala and served hot. A true fusion recipe of Italian macaroni pasta enrobed in Indian flavours.
Stir the pasta occasionally and cook the elbow macaroni until it’s al dente. This should take 7 minutes. If you want softer pasta, cook them for 1 more minute. Drain the pasta.
The technique that many restaurants will use is to prepare the pasta ahead of time and store it in or on ice water. The chilled pasta may be then submerged briefly in boiling water and served. You don’t want to keep it warm — that will lead to it steaming itself and overcooking
The only way to know if it’s done is to taste it! It should be al dente, or firm to the bite. The more pasta cooks, the gummier it gets, so if it sticks to the wall it’s probably overdone.
Most pastas cook in 8 to 12 minutes. Test dry pasta for doneness after about 4 minutes of cooking by tasting it. It is difficult to give exact cooking times since different shapes andthickness of pasta will take less or more time to cook.
1. Make sure your water is boiling before you add your noodles.
2. Stir your pasta a lot.
3. DO NOT add oil to your pasta if you plan on eating it with sauce.
4. Rinse your cooked pasta with water — but only if you’re not eating it right away.
Do not put oil in the pot. Do notadd oil to your pasta cooking water. Olive oil is said to prevent the pot from boiling over and prevent the pasta from sticking together. It can prevent the sauce from sticking to the pasta.
If the pasta is mildly chewy but doesn’t stick in your teeth, it is done. If the pasta seems a little hard or sticks to your teeth, cook it 1 minute longer and test it again. Avoid overcooking your pasta.
If you want to reheat pasta with no sauce the best options are: Submerging in boiling water – this is a really quick way to get warm pasta that doesn’t lose its texture. Simply add your pasta to a colander and dip in a pot of boiling water for 30 seconds, or until you feel it is the texture and warmth you want.
When eaten in moderation, pasta can be part of a healthy diet. Whole-grain pasta may be a better choice for many, as it is lower in calories and carbs but higher in fiber and nutrients. … You can also add your choice of protein to your pasta to turn it into a balanced meal.
Serve this delicious dish for your weekday breakfast. If you are serving macaroni pasta as a side dish, you might consider choosing to serve burgers, veg hot dogs or some nice snacks.
RECIPE VIDEO :
#Serving Suggestion: Macaroni Indian Style Pasta can be served before dinner in supper and can also pack them in lunch for kids.
⇒Do give this recipe a try and share your comments below with me.
RECIPE CARD :
MACARONI PASTA INDIAN STYLE RECIPE
To cook macroni:
- 2 cup Macroni pasta
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cup water
For macroni pasta:
- 2 cup tomato chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 3 tbsp green capsicum chopped
- 3 tbsp carrot chopped
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
Cooking macroni pasta:
- Collect all the required ingredients.
- In a pan, heat 3 cups of water and 1 tsp of salt. Bring it to a boil.
- Add 2 heaped cup macaroni or elbow macaroni.
- Stir with a fork.
- Begin to cook macaroni on medium flame till they are al dente – meaning they should have a slight bite to them.
- Drain all the water and keep cooked macaroni aside.
Making macroni pasta:
- Heat a large kadai with oil.
- Add onion and sauté on a low-medium flame stirring often till they become translucent or until they turn pink.
- Then add ginger, green chilli and sauté till the ginger is light brown or till its raw aroma goes away.
- Now add chopped veggies and fry them for few seconds until they get crunchy.
- Next add in tomatoes and mix thoroughly.
- After mixing, add spices like salt, black pepper powder and red chilli powder.
- Cook tomatoes until they soften, pulpy and blend with the veggies.The raw smell of tomatoes should disappear.
- When the tomatoes and veggies blend well, then add 1 tbsp of water.
- Keep stirring continuously on medium flame until the oil starts separating from masala.
- Lower the flame and then add the cooked macroni.
- Mix gently, coating the masala sauce well.
- Lastly add tomato ketchup and garam masala.
- Again toss well. Keep in mind mix very gently so that pasta does not break and get much mushy.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves. Steaming hot veg macaroni is ready.
- Serve hot this scrumptious macaroni and relish eating.
- Make sure not to overcook pasta as they turn too soft and sticky.
- Adjust the amount of chili powder based on your spice level.
- You can use veggies according to your choice and if you want to make macaroni pasta more healthy add lots of vegetables.
- Cooking times can vary according to pasta shape, amount, and type (whole-wheat, gluten-free, etc.).
- I have used onions, tomatoes, carrot, and capsicum. More variety of veggies can be added to suit ones taste like corn, baby corn, cauliflower, broccoli florets.
- Unlike dried pasta, fresh pasta takes only two or three minutes to cook, max.
- Don’t do a cold-water rinse on your pasta when it’s done the cooking. That washes away all the happy starches that bind it to the sauce. (And the delicious salty flavor!)
- Don’t add any oil to the pasta water.
Enter your email below to get our recipes sent to your inbox when a new one is published!
GET RECIPES IN YOUR INBOX!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
How To Make Macaroni Pasta (Step By Step Instructions With Photos) :
cooking macaroni pasta:
1. Collect all the required ingredients.
2. In a pan, heat 3 cups of water and 1 tsp of salt. Bring it to a boil.
3. Add 2 heaped cup macaroni or elbow macaroni.
4. Stir with a fork.
5. Begin to cook macaroni on medium flame till they are al dente – meaning they should have a slight bite to them.
6. Drain all the water and keep cooked macaroni aside.
Making macaroni pasta :
1.Heat a large kadai with oil.
2. Add onion and sauté on a low-medium flame stirring often till they become translucent or until they turn pink.
3. Then add ginger, green chilli and sauté till the ginger is light brown or till its raw aroma goes away.
4. Now add chopped veggies and fry them for few seconds until they get crunchy.
5. Next add in tomatoes and mix thoroughly.
6. After mixing, add spices like salt, black pepper powder and red chilli powder.
7. Cook tomatoes until they soften, pulpy and blend with the veggies.The raw smell of tomatoes should disappear.
8. When the tomatoes and veggies blend well, then add 1 tbsp of water.
9. Keep stirring continuously on medium flame until the oil starts separating from masala.
10. Lower the flame and then add the cooked macroni.
11. Mix gently, coating the masala sauce well.
12. Lastly add tomato ketchup and garam masala.
13. Again toss well. Keep in mind mix very gently so that pasta does not break and get much mushy.
14. Sprinkle coriander leaves. Steaming hot veg macaroni is ready.
15. Serve hot this scrumptious macaroni and relish eating.
finally, do check my recipes collection like healthy breakfast recipes collection, with this macaroni pasta Indian style recipe ,further do not forget to visit my other recipes like,
- Spicy aloo chaat recipe | evening snack
- crispy and spicy chutney fireballs recipe
- Chatpata pani puri masala recipe
- Veg Mayosandwich recipe |Kids Snack
And don’t forget to share this article on your favorite social networking sites