Mix Vegetable Raita makes an amazing side dish with any and every meal. Learn how to make mix veg raita in a healthy way to include veggies in your diet or to use leftover veggies in a healthier way.
Vegetable raita is one of the commonly made raita in Indian homes. Raita is one dish that often accompanies Indian meals and even complements the meal in taste, flavor, and nutrition.
This mixed veg raita is simple, easy and quick to make. Chop up the veggies and mix everything with yogurt. And it is ready. The choice of vegetables is up to you. You can skip any if you do not like. Or any other like onion, beetroot, fried potato etc. The same is the case with this raita, which is good for kids as well as adults.
It makes an amazing side dish with any and every meal. You can make this tempting raita and serve to guests too. There is no specific measurement required for this recipe just add the veggies as per your preference and your colorful mixed veg raita is ready.
Here is a quick recipe with pictures to make mouth drooling Mix veg raita. Relish the condiment with meals during lunch and dinner.
Serving suggestion: Serve mixed vegetable raita with any pulao or biryani. Here I have served with singhare ke pakode.
DISCLAIMER – If you do not consume a particular veggie or spice during Navratri, feel free to leave that out and follow your family vrat guidelines.
#Special Note: Want to reduce cooking time, then don’t forget to read the recipe notes/tips at the end ?
⇒Do give this recipe a try and share your comments below with me.
recipe card for mix veg raita:
Mix vegetable raita recipe | vegetable raita | how to make mix veg raita
- 1 cup thick yogurt (curd or dahi)
- 1/4 cup cucumber peeled & finely chopped
- 1/4 cup boiled potato peeled & finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato finely chopped (deseeded)
- 1/4 cup carrot peeled & grated
- 2 green chili finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- Rock salt to taste (sendha namak)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp roasted cumin powder
- Collect all the required ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the yogurt (curd or dahi) till you get a smooth texture.
- Add the chopped veggies(cucumber, carrot, tomato, boiled potato).
- Stir well to combine them into the yogurt.
- Now add green chilies, coriander leaves, rock salt, black pepper powder, and roasted cumin powder.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly. Check, the taste and add more of the spice powders or salt if required.
- Mix veg raita is ready. Transfer it to a serving bowl.
- Garnish this mix vegetable raita with some cumin powder, red chili powder, and green coriander and serve it along with any meal.
how to make mix veg raita (step by step directions with pictures):
1. Collect all the required ingredients.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk the yogurt (curd or dahi) till you get a smooth texture.
3. Add the chopped veggies(cucumber, carrot, tomato, boiled potato).
4. Stir well to combine them into the yogurt.
5. Now add green chilies, coriander leaves, rock salt, black pepper powder, and roasted cumin powder.
6. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly. Check, the taste and add more of the spice powders or salt if required.
7. Mix veg raita is ready. Transfer it to a serving bowl.
8. Garnish this mix vegetable raita with some cumin powder, red chili powder, and green coriander and serve it along with any meal.
Enter your email below to get our recipes sent to your inbox when a new one is published!
GET RECIPES IN YOUR INBOX!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
- You can even add vegetables like cabbage, sweet corn etc or any of your favorite veggie.
- Use thick yogurt. You can make this a salad with less raita and give this to your kids, colorful and tasty that they can’t say no to it.
- You can even add more spices if not preparing for vrat or fasting.
- There is no exact measurement for this raita…you can plus / minus as per your preference.
- You can add finely chopped onion or any other veggie in this raita if not preparing for fasting.
finally, do check my recipes collection like vrat recipes collection, further do not forget to visit my other recipes like,
- Indian macaroni pasta recipe | evening snack
- besan bread toast recipe | tea time snack
- Spicy & tangy bhel recipe | dry bhel
- Veg mayo sandwich recipe |Kids Snack
And don’t forget to share this article on your favorite social networking sites ?