Quick Boondi Aloo chaat or alu chaat is the name of a street food item made in North India, Pakistan and also in parts of Sylhet and West Bengal. It is prepared using potatoes in oil and adding spices and chutney.
What a delightful experience it is to watch the baby potato turn into something so exciting! Tiny potatoes, marinated in Indian spices and topped with onion, boondi and other typical chaat add-ons.
Although Aloo Chaat is not an integral part of all chaat counters, it has a fan-following of its own, especially in the winter, when its spiciness and warmth rejuvenate the soul.
Whoever said healthy food is boring food, can dig into some chaat, and then repeat the sentence! Chaat is an innocent and healthy food, yet it is one of the most fun filled street food, with a tangy twist. It can go well as a party snack, after school snack, or surprise guest snack. Potato is seen as a culprit of carbs, while on the contrary, it is actually a complex carbohydrate that is rich in nutrients. Potatoes can be very good stress busters, with its Vitamin C and fiber content. However the starch content makes it troublesome for diabetic patients. Try to avoid too much fried potato.
finally, do visit my other similar indo chinese recipes collection with this post of Aloo Chaat recipe. further do not forget to visit my other recipes collection like,
- snacks recipes collection
- Main dish recipes collection
- sandwich recipes collection
- chaat recipes collection
recipe card for quick boondi aloo chaat :
Quick Boondi Aloo Chaat | Street Food | Spicy Aloo Chaat Recipe
- 4 small size Boiled & Peeled Potato
- 1/2 cup Boondi
- 2 tbsp Onion Chopped
- 2 tbsp Tamarind pulp
- 2 Green Chillies chopped
- 1 tbsp Chat masala
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin powder
- Black salt to taste
- Regular salt to taste
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 tbsp coriander leaves for garnish
- Collect all the required ingredients.
- Cut boiled potatoes into round shape. Do not cut very thin it should be slightly thick.=
- Furthermore, add all the spices like regular salt, black salt, chat masala, roasted cumin powder,red chilli powder, chilli flakes.
- Additionally, add boondi, onion and tamarind pulp in the bowl.Mix it until well combined.
- Lastly add coriander leaves and chat is ready .
- Finally, serve it immediately and Enjoy !!!
how to make boondi chaat step by step photo recipe :
1.Collect all the required ingredients.
2.Cut boiled potatoes into round shape. Do not cut very thin it should be slightly thick.
3.Furthermore, add all the spices like regular salt, black salt, chat masala, roasted cumin powder,red chilli powder, chilli flakes.
4.Additionally, add boondi, onion and tamarind pulp in the bowl.Mix it until well combined.
5.Lastly add coriander leaves and chat is ready .
6.Finally, serve it immediately and Enjoy !!!.
recipe notes for quick boondi Aloo Chaat :
- Potatoes should be completely cool down before making Aloo Chaat. If you take hot potatoes it will get break.
- The chat should be serve immediately otherwise the boondi will become soggy.
- If you are not having tamarind,you can use soaked dried mango powder also.
- Make sure the potato is in room temperature. However, avoid using refrigerated potatoes, bring it to room temperature and then mix the spices, so that the taste penetrates the potato.