Sandwich Chutney Recipe with step by step photos and video recipe – a green colored spiced chutney or condiment recipe which is mainly used as a spread for sandwich recipes. Most commonly it is also known as bombay sandwich chutney and is mainly prepared with the combination of mint and coriander leaves with peanuts.
Sandwich chutney is one of the most important ingredients used by Mumbai’s street-food vendors, the Bombay Sandwich Chutney is used not just in the preparation of sandwiches but also in various other exciting dishes like vada pav and chaat too. You can even serve it as an offbeat dip for chips.
Sandwich chutney is my go-to sandwich chutney for making mumbai style sandwiches. But it’s also very versatile, and this green chutney for sandwich, can also be used as a dip for snacks like pakoras & vadas, and even as a base for many tikka marinades
This sandwich chutney is easy to make and tastes great as a sandwich spread. Coriander leaves are the main ingredient, adding mint leaves will give nice green colour to the Bombay Sandwich Chutney. Along with this it will also make chutney tangy and more tasty.
If you add mint leaves then the green chutney should be consumed on the same day. because it can make your chutney look dark in color, you can make this chutney and store in your freezer in an airtight container for up to a month.
⇒ Do give this recipe a try and share your comments below with me.
How To Make Sandwich Chutney (Step By Step Instruction With Photos) :
1. Collect all the required ingredients.
2. In a blender take coriander leaves, mint leaves and green chilies.
3. Then add roasted peanuts, garlic cloves, ginger, sugar and salt. If you do not have roasted peanuts, add fried gram or just skip.
4. Squeeze 1/2 lemon juice directly in a jar.
5. Pour 1/4 cup of water.
6. Blend for a minute until everything is smooth.
7. You may add 1-2 tablespoon more water to adjust the consistency.
8. Taste and adjust salt, lemon if needed.
9. Remove the sandwich chutney in a bowl.
10. Store sandwich chutney in a jar or prepare sandwich placing your choice of veggies.
IF YOU MADE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE BE SURE TO RATE IT IN THE RECIPE CARD BELOW, DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS POST ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST FOR LATER. YOU CAN FIND MORE OF MY RECIPES ON MY BLOG PINTEREST BOARD AND FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND YOUTUBE FOR MORE AWESOME RECIPES.
RECIPE CARD :
SANDWICH CHUTNEY RECIPE
- 2 cup coriander leaves washed
- 1 cup mint leaves washed
- 7-8 green chilies roughly chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 3 tbsp peanuts roasted
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- ½ lemon
- ¼ cup water
- Collect all the required ingredients.
- In a blender take coriander leaves, mint leaves and green chilies.
- Then add roasted peanuts, garlic cloves, ginger, sugar and salt. If you do not have roasted peanuts, add fried gram or just skip.
- Squeeze 1/2 lemon juice directly in a jar.
- Pour 1/4 cup of water.
- Blend for a minute until everything is smooth.
- You may add 1-2 tablespoon more water to adjust the consistency.
- Taste and adjust salt, lemon if needed.
- Remove the sandwich chutney in a bowl.
- Store sandwich chutney in a jar or prepare sandwich placing your choice of veggies.
- Avoid adding too much water while grinding chutney. If the chutney becomes thin, the flavors get diluted and also the bread slices become soggy after spreading the chutney on them.
- Green chilies can be added less or more as per your requirements.
finally, I request you to check my other chutney recipes collection with this recipe post of sandwich chutney recipe. It includes recipes like Red Chilli Chutney, Guava Chutney, Dry Garlic Chutney, Coconut Chutney, Mint Coriander Chutney, and many more. further, I request you to visit my other similar recipes recipes like,
And don’t forget to share this article on your favorite social networking sites ?