Shikanji recipe with step by step photos and video recipe – is a simple, spiced Indian lemonade from North India. It is known as shikanjvi too. It is also called as a summer cooler.
This rejuvenating drink is made of lemon juice, flavored with the right proportions of salt and sugar. Cumin seeds powder and black salt add a real peppy dimension to this tangy drink.
Shikanji is a popular drink in every Indian household and is a favorite of many in the summer season.
#Serving Suggestion: Serve this shikanji any time of the day during hot summer days. Make the big batch in the morning, keep in the refrigerator. Drink it whenever you feel like throughout the day.
⇒Do give this recipe a try and share your comments below with me.
RECIPE CARD :
- 2 glasses water
- 1 medium size lemon
- 1 tbsp sugar or as required
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 3-4 mint leaves for garnishing
- A few ice cubes
- Collect all the required ingredients.
- Cut the lemon into two halves.
- Take a bowl and squeeze out all the juice using lemon squeezer.
- Add salt, black salt, and roasted cumin powder.
- Then add sugar.
- Now add water.
- Stir till all the sugar is dissolved. If your sugar has big granules then it will take a few minutes. To make it dissolve quickly, use the powdered sugar.
- Add a few ice cubes to make it chill.
- At the time of serving, pour the shikanji into tall glasses and garnish with mint leaves.
- Serve chilled shikanji immediately.
- If you have shikanji masala powder on hand, skip adding the spices and add a 1 tsp to 11/2 tsp of the masala to the basic lemonade drink.
- Instead of water, you can use soda for soda shikanji.
- You can add Sprite or 7 Up instead of water.
- Pinch of black pepper powder and a pinch of dry ginger powder can also be added along with rest of the spices.
- A pinch of green cardamom powder can be added for variation.
- You can jaggery syrup or honey instead of sugar.
Enter your email below to get our recipes sent to your inbox when a new one is published!
GET RECIPES IN YOUR INBOX!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
How To Make Shikanji (Step By Step Instructions With Photos) :
1. Collect all the required ingredients.
2. Cut the lemon into two halves.
3. Take a bowl and squeeze out all the juice using lemon squeezer.
4. Add salt, black salt, and roasted cumin powder.
5. Then add sugar.
6. Now add water.
7. Stir till all the sugar is dissolved. If your sugar has big granules then it will take a few minutes. To make it dissolve quickly, use the powdered sugar.
8. Add a few ice cubes to make it chill.
9. At the time of serving, pour the shikanji into tall glasses and garnish with mint leaves.
10. Serve chilled shikanji immediately.
finally, do check my recipes collection like drinks recipe collection, further, do not forget to visit my other recipes like,
- Indian macaroni pasta recipe | evening snack
- besan bread toast recipe | tea time snack
- Spicy & tangy bhel recipe | dry bhel
- Veg mayo sandwich recipe |Kids Snack
And don’t forget to share this article on your favorite social networking sites ?