Spicy Aloo Masala Chaat Recipe with step by step photos and video recipe – is a quick and easy chaat made with boiled potatoes mingled in chaat masala, green chilies and lime juice.
Aloo chaat or alu chaat is the name of a street food item made in North India, Pakistan and also in parts of Sylhet and West Bengal. It is prepared using potatoes in oil and to add spices and masala.
Stop for a few minutes near a vendor who sells aloo masala chaat and you will be amazed by the vast range of people stopping there for a snack, from those walking by to those driving in imported carts, what’s so exciting about cooked and cubed potatoes….Unless it is spiked up with peppy chaat masala.
This spicy chaat recipe is widely appreciated all over India but hugely popular in Delhi streets and in Mumbai streets. This savory snack recipe is typically consumed during the evening as an appetizer or as a starter.
#Serving Suggestion: Serve these spicy aloo masala chaat as alone or with a cup of tea /coffee in the evening.
⇒Do give this recipe a try and share your comments below with me.
recipe video :
RECIPE CARD :
SPICY ALOO MASALA CHAAT RECIPE
- 200 gms potatoes boiled & peeled
- 2 medium size onion finely chopped
- 2 medium size tomato chopped Seedless
- 2 green chilli chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 inch ginger grated
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp black salt to taste
- Regular salt to taste
- Sev or namkeen as per requirement
- Collect all the required ingredients.
- Take a pan, add oil and butter.
- Now add ginger and green chillies, saute till the raw smell of ginger disappears.
- Then add onion, saute it till they turn light pink on low medium flame.
- Now add tomatoes and saute it till they are half cooked or soaked water completely.
- Then add spice powder like salt, red chilli powder and lemon juice.
- Mix it well and switch off the flame, Remove it and the masala is ready to use.
Making Aloo Masala Chaat:
- Furthermore, take boiled potatoes and cut them into desired shapes.
- Now add spice powder like chat masala, roasted cumin powder and black salt as per your taste.
- Additionally add the masala prepared in step 7 and toss it or mix it well.
- Also add some chopped onion and coriander leaves to make it more tasty.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish it with sev or namkeen.
- Finally, the Masala chaat is ready to serve .
- By adding butter it enchances the taste of masala.
- Add spice powders as per your taste to make tasty and delicious chaat.
- You can add chilli flakes to make it more spicy .
- Do not overcook the masala so that it does not spoil the taste.
- If you have pomegranate in your fridge, you can sprinkle it too.
- Aloo masala chaat taste great when they are hot and spicy.
How To Make Spicy Aloo Chaat (Step by Step Instructions With Photos) :
preparing masala for aloo chaat:
1. Collect all the required ingredients.
2. Take a pan, add oil and butter.
3. Now add ginger and green chillies, saute till the raw smell of ginger disappears.
4. Then add onion and saute it till they turn light pink on low medium flame.
5. Add tomatoes and saute it till they are half cooked or soaked water completely.
6. Then add spice powder like salt, red chilli powder and lemon juice.
7. Mix it well and switch off the flame, remove it and the masala is ready to use.
making aloo masala chaat:
1. Take boiled potatoes and cut them into desired shapes.
2. Now add spice powder like chat masala, roasted cumin powder and black salt as per your taste.
3. Then add the masala prepared and toss it or mix it well.
4. Also add some chopped onion and coriander leaves to make it more tasty.
5. Serve in a bowl and garnish it with sev or namkeen.
6. Serve spicy masala chaat hot or warm.
finally, do check my recipes collection like chaat recipes collection, further do not forget to visit my other recipes like,
- Candied watermelon fruit cubes recipe
- Lauki ki mithai|Bottle gourds ring recipe
- Halwai style rasmalai at home recipe
- Eggless Chocolate cake in appam pan recipe
And don’t forget to share this article on your favorite social networking sites ?