Sukha bhel / dry bhel is another lip-smacking street food, very convenient way to have the bhel in a non-messy way as it is dry and has all the taste, a tang of the regular spicy bhel.
Sukha bhel recipe – One of the most popular Indian street food from Mumbai.
I am sharing a healthy vegan and zero oil chaat recipe. It’s the sukha bhel recipe with barley puffs. Sukha means dry and basically, this is a dry bhel recipe which is an easy grab and goes chaat and perfect for mid-day hunger pangs.
#Serving Suggestion: Serve Sukha Bhel Recipe along with a cup of masala chai for your evening snacks. You can also pack in your snack box to munch in during your working hours.
#Special Note: Want to reduce cooking time, then don’t forget to read the recipe notes/tips at the end ?
⇒Do give this recipe a try and share your comments below with me.
recipe video :
recipe card :
SPICY & TANGY SUKHA BHEL RECIPE
For dry bhel:
- 2 cup Murmura puffed rice or mamra
- 2 Onions finely chopped
- 2 Tomato finely chopped
- 1 Potato boiled peeled & chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves Chopped
- 2 tbsp Roasted peanuts
- 2 Green Chilli Chopped
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Chat masala
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Black Salt
- 1 tsp Regular Salt
- 3 tbsp Cornflakes
- 3 tbsp Masala Green peas namkeen
- 3 tbsp Bombay mixture
- 3 tbsp Sev or namkeen
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
For Dry/Sukhi chutney:
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp Mint leaves
- 10 Green Chilli
- few coriander leaves for garnish
- few Onion finely chopped
- few Tomato finely chopped
- few Potato chopped
- 1 to 2 tbsp Cornflakes
Making Sukha Bhel:
- Collect all the required ingredients.
- Firstly,add the ingredients, except the namkeens,lemon juice and garnish ingredients in a large bowl.Also add semi-dry chutney. If there are big lumps of chutney then break it using your fingers. It be easy to mix later on.
- Roughly mix it.
- Further add namkeen/sev,masala peas,cornflakes,mixture and lemon juice.Toss everything together till well combined.
- Prepare a cone from old news paper. make sure to seal the bottom well.fill the cone with prepared sukha bhel.
- Also top with some finely chopped tomato, onion, potato, sev, and coriander leaves.
- Finally, Sukhi bhel has to be served as well as eaten immediately. otherwise the puffed rice becomes soft and you won’t get the crisp, crunchy texture as well as taste. if the puffed rice becomes soft, then the bhel is not enjoyed.
Making Sukhi Chutney:
- Take all the chutney ingredients in a grinder jar. DO NOT ADD any water.Grind it into a coarse paste. Keep it aside.
how to make spicy sukha bhel (Step by step Instructions with Photos) :
Making Sukha Bhel:
1. Collect all the required ingredients.
2.Firstly,add the ingredients, except the namkeens,lemon juice and garnish ingredients in a large bowl.Also, add semi-dry chutney. If there are big lumps of chutney then break it using your fingers. It is easy to mix later on.
3. Roughly mix it.
4.Further add namkeen/sev,masala peas,cornflakes,mixture and lemon juice.Toss everything together till well combined.
5. Prepare a cone from an old newspaper. make sure to seal the bottom well. fill the cone with prepared sukha bhel.
6. Also top with some finely chopped tomato, onion, potato, sev, and coriander leaves.
7. Finally, Sukhi bhel has to be served as well as eaten immediately. otherwise, the puffed rice becomes soft and you won’t get the crisp, crunchy texture as well as taste. if the puffed rice becomes soft, then the bhel is not enjoyed.
Making Sukhi Chutney:
Enter your email below to get our recipes sent to your inbox when a new one is published!
GET RECIPES IN YOUR INBOX!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
recipe notes :
- firstly, adjust the spiciness and tanginess according to your taste buds.
- also do not over mix bhel, as it turns soft and soggy. serve bhel immediately.
- additionally, top with a generous amount of sev and cornflakes to enjoy the real taste.
- finally, sukha bhel taste great in crispy puffed up rice. if it is not, then dry roast for a minute in a kadai or keep under a hot sun.
finally, do check my recipes collection like chaat recipes collection, further do not forget to visit my other recipes like,
- Indian macaroni pasta recipe | evening snack
- besan bread toast recipe | tea time snack
- Spicy & tangy bhel recipe | dry bhel
- Veg mayo sandwich recipe |Kids Snack
And don’t forget to share this article on your favorite social networking sites ?