suji idli | rava idli | instant idli recipe with a detailed photo and video recipe, a quick and simple tea-time snack that is low in fat, this is a perfect option for health-conscious people.
Instant idli recipe made from coarse semolina, yogurt and Eno fruit salt. These are quick to make because of no soaking, grinding and fermenting process required.
Feeling like having idlis for breakfast, but have not prepared and fermented the batter? Not to worry! Try this Suji Idli, which is sure to please you with its soft and fluffy texture and interesting flavor. The addition of curds gives the idlis a slight sourness akin to a traditionally fermented batter.
Not only is this recipe quick and tasty, but it also looks very attractive as the tempering, which is mixed and steamed with the batter settles all over the idlis making them look very nice and appetizing.
#Serving Suggestion: Serve suji idli with coconut chutney and sambhar. It is a perfect dish for breakfast but can be served in lunch or dinner too.
#Special Note: Want to reduce cooking/preparation time, then don’t forget to read the recipe notes/tips at the end ?
⇒Do give this recipe a try and share your comments below with me.
Recipe Video :
recipe card :
SUJI IDLI RECIPE
- 1 cup Suji/ Rava / Semolina
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tsp or sachet ENO fruit salt
- 1/4 tsp Oil
- Collect all the required ingredients.
- Take a bowl, combine suji, curd, sugar, salt and mix it gently.
- Now add 1/2 cup of water and mix well without forming any lumps.
- Heat water in the deep pan.
- Just before steaming the idlis, add in 1 tsp eno fruit salt or pinch of baking soda and give a gentle mix.
- Make sure you mix the batter going in one direction.After adding eno, you will notice bubbles on the surface of a batter.
- Grease the idli moulds with the ¼ teaspoon of oil.
- Pour 2 tbsp of the batter into each idli mould.
- Place them into the deep pan and cover it.
- Steam them on low flame for 15 minutes or till the idli are cooked completely.
- Cool slightly for 2-3 minutes before scooping the idli.
- Serve hot with sambhar and coconut chutney.
how to make instant rava or suji idli (step by step instructions with photos) :
1. Collect all the required ingredients.
2. Take a bowl, combine suji, curd, sugar, salt and mix it gently.
3. Now add 1/2 cup of water and mix well without forming any lumps.
4. Heat 2 cups of water in the deep pan on medium flame.
5. Just before steaming the idlis, add in 1 tsp eno fruit salt or a pinch of baking soda and give a gentle mix.
6. Make sure you mix the batter going in one direction. After adding eno, you will notice bubbles on the surface of a batter.
7. Grease the idli molds with the ¼ teaspoon of oil.
8. Pour 2 tbsp of the batter into each idli mold.
9. Place them into the deep pan and cover it.
10. Steam them on low flame for 15 minutes or till the idli are cooked completely.
11. Cool slightly for 2-3 minutes before scooping the idli.
12. Serve hot with sambhar and coconut chutney.
recipe notes :
- You can also add tempering and vegetables of your choice to make masala idli.
- Use sour curd for more soft and spongy idlis.
- Always add eno fruit salt right before steaming. Meaning adds the eno to the
batter, mix, immediately pour into molds and steam. Do not let the batter sit after
- Instead of eno, you can use baking soda. If using baking soda then add ⅛ to ¼
a teaspoon of it.
- Always steam the idlis on low medium heat to get the soft idlis.
- If making the bigger batch and streaming into batches, then remove the one portion of
batter in another bowl, add eno to that batter only and steam. When ready for
the second batch, add eno to the second portion of batter and steam.
finally, do check my recipes collection like healthy breakfast recipes collection, further do not forget to visit my other recipes like,
- Crispy potato fingers recipe| healthy breakfast recipe
- Sooji mini pizza recipe|Kids healthy snack
- veg Shammi kabab recipe|kabab recipe
- malai sandwich recipe | healthy sandwich recipe
And don’t forget to share this article on your favorite social networking sites ?