Vrat Ke Jeera Aloo recipe with step by step photos and video recipe – is simple, easy and a quick dish of sauteed boiled potatoes with cumin, green chillies,
This jeera aloo dish is relatively very simple and quick to make. It’s a quick stir fry recipe which good in taste and easy to make.
Most of the fasting recipes are very quick and easy to make, as many spices and herbs are not allowed during fasting days. So fasting food is not only quicker to prepare but it is also easiest to digest.
RECIPE VIDEO :
#Serving Suggestion: Serve jeera aloo hot with vrat ki puri and vrat ki chutney.
DISCLAIMER – If you do not consume a particular veggie or spice during Navratri, feel free to leave that out and follow your family vrat guidelines.
⇒Do give this recipe a try and share your comments below with me.
RECIPE CARD :
VRAT KE JEERA ALOO RECIPE
- 4-5 medium size potatoes boiled and chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2-3 greeen chillies chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- Rock Salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp oil/ghee
- Collect all the required ingredients.
- Heat the oil/ghee in a non-stick wok on medium flame.
- When the oil is hot enough, add cumin seeds on low to medium flame.
- Allow them to splutter and change their color.
- When cumin starts splutters, add green chilies.
- Saute for few seconds or for a minute.
- Then add chopped and boiled potatoes.
- Stir very well.
- Now add rock salt and black pepper powder.
- Stir again very well.
- After this add coriander leaves.
- Give it a good mix.
- Saute for 2 minutes more.
- Lastly, switch off the flame.
- Serve jeera aloo hot with vrat ki puri and vrat ki chutney.
- You can increase and decrease the amount of green chilies as per taste.
- Some families also use red chili powder during the days of fasting while others use black pepper. Please check your family traditions.
- You can adjust the amount of black pepper powder as per your taste.
- Some families use dry mango powder during fasting and some don’t. You can also use 1 tsp of lemon juice or dry pomegranate seeds powder (anardana powder) instead of dry mango powder.
- Some families don’t add coriander leaves during Navratri fasting. If you don’t eat then skip adding coriander.
Enter your email below to get our recipes sent to your inbox when a new one is published!
GET RECIPES IN YOUR INBOX!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
How To Make Vrat Ke Aloo (Step By Step Instructions With Photos) :
1. Collect all the required ingredients.
2. Heat the oil/ghee in a non-stick wok on medium flame.
3. When the oil is hot enough, add cumin seeds on low to medium flame.
4. Allow them to splutter and change their color.
5. When cumin starts splutters, add green chilies.
6. Saute for few second or for a minute.
7. Then add chopped and boiled potatoes.
8. Stir very well.
9. Now add rock salt and black pepper powder.
10. Stir again very well.
11. After this add coriander leaves.
12. Give it a good mix.
13. Saute for 2 minutes more.
14. Lastly, switch off the flame.
15. Serve jeera aloo hot with vrat ki puri and vrat ki chutney.
finally, do check my recipes collection like vrat recipes collection, further do not forget to visit my other recipes like,
- Indian macaroni pasta recipe | evening snack
- besan bread toast recipe | tea time snack
- Spicy & tangy bhel recipe | dry bhel
- Veg mayo sandwich recipe |Kids Snack