LOBIA CHAAT RECIPE
Lobia Chaat is a simple, delicious and gluten-free healthy Indian recipe for a salad. It is prepared with black-eyed beans and tons of fresh vegetables and herbs.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 Servings
- 2 cup black eyed peas boiled
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cucumber finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato finely chopped
- 1/4 cup potato boiled & chopped
- 2 green chilli finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp black salt or as per taste
- 1 tsp chat masala
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Collect all the required ingredients.
In a mixing bowl, add chopped onion, tomato, cucumber and boiled potato.
Then add green chilies and coriander leaves.
Now add all the spice powders like red chili powder, roasted cumin powder, chat masala, black salt, and salt.
Give all these a good mix. Taste it and add spice powders if you prefer more.
Add boiled lobia beans. Make sure that the lobia are drained and no additional water is present.
Also, add lemon juice.
Mix gently without mashing lobia beans. Lobia Chaat is ready.
Serve this healthy and tasty chat as an a healthy snack or even as an appetizer for parties.
- Do not add green chili if you are making for kids.
- You could adjust the spice powders as per your taste.
- Instead of lemon juice use tamarind pulp for more tanginess.
- Add sprouts to make it more healthy and tasty.