KALA CHANA CHAAT RECIPE
Kala Chana Chaat recipe is a healthy chaat made with protein-rich kala chana, tossed in few veggies, simple spices and a splash of lemon juice.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cup Dry Kala chana (black chickpeas or desi chana)
- ¼ cup onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup tomato finely chopped (deseeded)
- ¼ cup cucumber finely chopped
- ¼ cup potato boiled, peeled, and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp unripe raw mango finely chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Black salt to taste
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tbsp chaat masala
Collect all the required ingredients.
In a large mixing bowl add chopped onion, tomato, potato, and cucumber.
Then add chopped raw mango, green chillies, and coriander leaves.
Now add boiled black chickpeas in the bowl.
Mix well making sure everything is combined well.
Add the spice powders – chaat masala, black salt, cumin powder, and red chili powder.
Toss to combine everything together. So all the spices are coated to chana and veggies.
Lastly, add lemon juice.
Stir well. Taste the spoonful of it and adjust the salt or spices or lemon accordingly.
Serve this Kala Chana Chaat can be served cold or at room temperature as an afternoon snack or evening snack.
- Do not throw away the water you get after boiling the chana. It has some nutritions in it. Use in making dal, soup. Or use while kneading the chapati dough.
- Raw mangoes are optional. But if it is in season or you have it available, please use it. It provides different tang to the chaat. You won’t get this tangy flavor with amchur or lemon juice.
- The spice powders, black salt, green chilies and lemon juice can be adjusted as
per your taste preferences.
- Skip green chili and red chili powder to make it non spicy, especially for kids.
- This salad can be made with boiled white chickpeas, green chickpeas or sprouts too.