PANEER CHEESE TOAST RECIPE
Paneer Cheese Toast recipe is very easy and tasty snack which made with bread, paneer and cheese which you can make in 10 minutes on tawa or pan.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 3 servings
for paneer topping :
- 1 cup paneer or cottage cheese crumbled
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup capsicum finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tsp butter or oil
other ingredients :
- 4 slices bread
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- Butter as required for toasting bread
preparing the paneer topping :
Collect all the required ingredients.
Heat a pan or kadai and add 2 tsp of butter or oil on it.
Once the butter melts, add ginger-garlic paste.
Saute for some seconds till the raw aroma of ginger and garlic goes away.
Then add chopped onions.
Saute the onions until they turn soft or translucent on medium flame.
Now add chopped green chillies.
Stir and saute for few seconds.
After this , add chopped capsicum.
Stir and saute for 2-3 minutes.
Lower the flame and add the spice powders – salt, red chilli powder, and garam masala powder.
Mix the masala very well with the onion mixture and cook the masala for few seconds.
Add the paneer. This paneer topping in just like the paneer bhurji recipe.
Mix gently making sure everything is combined well.
Do not overcook or paneer will become chewy and then switch off the flame.
Paneer topping is ready and keep the pan aside.
making paneer cheese toast :
To make paneer cheese toast, heat a non-stick tawa, grease it using 1 tsp of butter.
Take the bread slices and roll them on the butter.
Keep the flame to its lowest or else the bread can get too much browned or burnt from the bottom.
Lightly toast the bread slices and then flip them.
Now quickly top the bread slices with the paneer stuffing.
Spread the grated cheese over it.
Then sprinkle mixed herbs, red chilli flakes, and chopped coriander leaves.
Place a lid on paneer cheese toast slices and cook on a low to medium heat until the cheese melts and the bread slices are toasted well.
Keep checking in between to prevent burning.
Then switch off the flame and cut the toasts diagonally.
Serve paneer cheese toast hot or warm accompanied with coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.
- Homemade paneer is very soft and juicy. If using store bought paneer keep it immersed in hot water before using.
- The spiced bhurji can also be made ahead and stored in refrigerator and used up to make the cheese toast with in 2 days.
- This recipe doesn’t need any sauce, chutney or ketchup and is just made with all basic ingredients that we usually have at home. If you do not have paneer, you can also use feta cheese.