RICE CUTLET RECIPE
Rice Cutlet recipe are made with boiled rice blended with mix vegetables. It serves as a great party appetizer.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 16 cutlets
- 1½ cup cooked rice
- 1 cup potato boiled, peeled & mashed
- ¼ cup onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup capsicum finely chopped
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- 2 green chilli chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- ¼ cup Gram flour (besan)
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ⅛ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp dry mango powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required for shallow frying
preparing rice cutlet mixture :
Collect all the required ingredients.
To make rice cutlet from leftover rice, take cooked rice in a deep bowl.
Add mashed boiled potato, chopped onion and capsicum.
Then add frozen peas, chopped coriander leaves and green chillies.
Now add all the spices, start with salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, dry mango powder, and garam masala powder.
Mix everything well using hands and make sure that cooked rice also get mashed properly.
Add besan and again mix it well.
Mix should be firm and will be consistency of a sticky dough.
Rice cutlet mixture made from cooked rice is ready.
shaping rice cutlet :
Grease your palm with a teaspoon of oil so that mixture does not stick and take a small portion of the mixture.
Now make small lemon size ball, flatten it between your hand palm.
Shape the mixture into small to medium sized cutlets and make round shaped cutlets/tikki.
Use same process for remaining mixture and make more cutlets.
frying rice cutlet :
Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a pan on medium flame.
Once oil heat enough, place 4-5 cutlets in hot oil carefully.
Let it cook until the base is lightly browned and crispy.
Flip them and fry the other side. Press them a little with the flat spoon so, they get a nice golden colour.
Flip again and stir occasionally till they are crisp and golden.
Once its nicely crisp and golden, remove the cutlets from pan and place it on paper towel for extra oil to be absorbed.
Repeat the process for remaining cutlets and shallow fry in batches.
Serve hot rice cutlets with green chutney or ketchup as a snack or a breakfast.
- In spite of shallow frying, you can also deep fry the cutlets.
- The potatoes have to be mashed properly with less moisture in it. once it is pressure-cooked, remove it from boiling water so that it does not absorb excess water.
- To save time you can deep fry the patties until golden brown. Shallow frying takes time.
- You can add grated beetroot,chopped methi leaves, spinach leaves to make dish more healthy.
- If you rice is dry and its troubling with binding, then add all ingredients into the food processer and blend it for few seconds and then make cutlets.
- Apply little oil on your hand palm to make cutlet balls, so it won’t stick to your hands.